2010/11/29

2006.05.26_Dahab






I decided to do a whole day of snorkeling. I rented the snorkel and flippers at Big Blue, and followed AK and her Italian instructor to Eel Garden. HC decided to do another introductory dive. Along with us there was also an Italian woman, in her early forties, traveling alone with her Dachshund dog. She came from Rome, had worked in a hospital in Trastevere, where I stayed for 4 months for my architectural study in 2002.

I snorkeled in some lagoons at Eel Garden. Apparently the reefs around Dahab is far better than the ones at Aqaba. I snorkeled at areas of around 3-5m deep, and saw uncounted colourful sea life including all kinds of fish, sea urchins, and of course, coral of various colours.

In midday we returned to Big Blue for lunch. While we ate a black cat appeared in the dinning tent. It suddenly jumped towards the Dachshund dog and scratched the dog on its face and nose. The dog screamed and scared to death as David, the diving instructor drove the cat away with a tea pot.

No comments: