2010/11/28

2006.05.24_Aqaba







In the morning we took the shuttle bus from Crystal Hotel to Royal Diving Centre. At the door we paid 10 JD for admission. A staff inside persuaded us to dive. As an experienced diver, AK immediately went for her dives. HC and I agreed to do the introductory scuba dive at 11:00. The sea in front of the diving centre wasn't the calmest, but we thought we would give it a try. The instructor gave us a short briefing about the equipment, and told us to put on the diving suit. We followed him out to the boardwalk to get into the water. The sea was cold, and I didn't get the way of using my mouth to breathe in the waves. After some minutes in the water I still couldn't learn to breathe through my mouth. At the end, I returned to the boardwalk. HC overcame the challenge and went down with the instructor to a deeper dive.

In the afternoon HC and I went for snorkeling. With the snorkel, I learnt how to breathe through my mouth, and gradually I could enjoy the world under the water. Each of us had a disposable underwater camera and we saw some nice reefs, not extremely spectacular, but we did see a lot of colourful fish. We snorkeled for a few hours and returned to the diving centre and found AK had done with her dives already. Upon leaving we tried to get the refund of the entrance fee. The policy was that whoever dives at the centre does not need to pay admission. The staff hesitated for a while and told us that the cashier was closed for the day. We had no choice but decided to return the next morning. At night we had dinner at Pizza Hut, and did a little shopping at a sneaker shop.

No comments: