2010/06/06

2006.04.29_On the Plane



Photo: plane landed in Zurich; shopping and cafe concourse, Zurich International Airport

Toronto to Zurich. Zurich to Athens.

We stayed at Zurich's International Airport for a while. The new 5th expansion done by Grimshaw is very nice. We didn't stay long before boarding onto the place for Athens, the jumping stone before our true Middle East journey.

Thanks to Prof van Pelt for Istanbul: Memories and the Cities by Orhan Pamuk. The autobiographical work truly wet my appetite on Istanbul. The City's complex memories and its melancholy setting. What about contemporary Middle East, a place to many only exists on international news headlines? This is my grad trip, sort of like a conclusion of a previous chapter and an introduction of a new stage in my life. That's something I didn't realize back then in 2006, but I am aware of it now.

No comments: