2008/08/28

Beijing 2008


I have missed the closing ceremony while hiking the Swiss Alps, and I guess it's kind of late to say anything about the Beijing Olympics, other than I am super happy on how our fellow Chinese have managed a great event.

Don't know (and will never know) what the experience would be like if I were to witness and participate this spectacular event in Beijing... just like what we, a group of secondary school friends and Chinese diaspora, once made a casual promise in 2001 that we would go to Beijing for the Games in seven years of time. Seven years have passed. Each of us has pursued a distinct path of life. The Olympics opening ceremony has been spectacular as promised. What turned out unexpected are perhaps the changes that each of us has gone through.

Farewell, our growing years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that you're in London, perhaps you can rekindle that "promise" and plan a big reunion during the 2012 Olympics in London!

Vienna said...

I've been to the closing.
The atmosphere makes you hyper!

(I found your blog through Chan's...miss you guys a lot!)