2009/06/07

09/04 - Innsbruck


I first visited Innsbruck in 1985 with my parents. Obviously I don't remember a thing about it except a few really dark images of the iconic Golden Roof, seen from some stone-age family albums stored in the basement of my old house. 24 years later AC and I decided to make a day trip from Munich to Innsbruck, mainly because of Hadid's funicular stations.

It's strange to revisit a place that faintly existed in my memory. Everything to me seems familiar, and it makes me wonder whether I remember the snow mountains and the old lanes and the Golden Roof from my childhood or I just know they exist because I have simply created a memory of the town from books, photos and my parents' descriptions.

Anyhow, Innsbruck is a pretty little town in Tyrol of West Austria, surrounded by snow-capped mountains in all four sides, and famous for a little balcony topped with 2000+ shiny copper tiles. That's Innsbruck.

No comments: